Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Silent Hill 3

You see that sad face?  That means its time to review Silent Hill 3.  Well I couldn't really do a let's play of Silent Hill 3 because we ended up playing it at a friends house.  I ended up actually buying it for the PC and I was expecting a lot of bugs, but surprisingly there were none to be found.  It ran perfectly on my PC and was still the game I remember it being from the PS2.

Of those that have not played Silent Hill 3 or any of the Silent Hills.  Three is not a very good one to start with just because its story relates back to Silent Hill 1.  In a nut Silent Hill is about a town named Silent Hill and how a cult inside of it keeps trying to resurrect their god.  It ends up screwing everything up and some how the main charachter gets stuck in the middle of it or has a huge role to play in resurrecting this so called god.

In Silent Hill 3 you play as Heather Mason.  You awake at the mall and meet an investigator named Douglas Cartland  who says that he has information about your birth.  It probably didn't help that Douglas looks like a creeper, so Heather goes into the restroom and climbs out the window to escape him.  The mall then turns into a demonic version of its self with monsters and lots of locked doors.  After escaping the mall and going through a few more areas you find your self heading to Silent Hill FOR REVENGE.

Silent Hill 3's story is much better if you have played the first Silent Hill and in my opinion Silent Hill 3 has the best story out of all of them.  You really get to know the main character Heather who has a deep past that has many connections with Silent Hill.

The gameplay is very similar to Silent Hill 2.  You go through the game killing bizarre monsters and solving puzzles in order to progress through the story.  Combat is some times difficult because of the way Heather uses her weapons, but after a while you get used to it.  The game is very challenging and even in normal I found my self dieing quite a few times.  The puzzles are both difficult and relating to the story.  I also liked the camera much better than I did in Silent Hill 2.  Its pretty easy to control and wont screw you over in combat.


The soundtrack for Silent Hill just keeps getting better and Silent Hill 3 is no exception.  Silent Hill 3 includes a few voiced songs and lot of creepy sound effects to keep you on your feet.

Silent Hill 3 is also short like the other games, but includes a lot of endings and this time a lot of unlockable costumes.

I absolutely loved Silent Hill 3 both of the times I played it and I am sure you will also.  Thanks again for reading.

Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment